Back to Feed
NaijaPodNews
Terrorism18 May 20262:07

US Lawmaker Riley Moore Warns Terrorists: Trump Won't Tolerate Attacks on Nigerian Christians

US Congressman Riley Moore has warned terrorists in Nigeria not to test President Trump's resolve, following a joint Nigerian-American operation that killed Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, ISIS's second-in-command. Moore credited Trump with ordering the operation and vowed that those targeting Christians in Nigeria will face consequences. The US has intensified its engagement with Nigeria to address religious persecution in the region.

United States congressman, Riley Moore has credited US President Donald Trump with ordering the joint Nigerian-American operation that killed Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, identified as the second-in-command of ISIS globally. He warned that those who target Christians in Nigeria will face consequences. Moore, a Republican lawmaker who sits on the House Appropriations Committee, made the remarks in an interview on NewsNation with anchor Anna Kooiman on Sunday, where he discussed the recent strike and the broader crisis of religious persecution in north-eastern Nigeria. “President Trump is laser focused on defending our Christian brothers and sisters in Nigeria against the slaughter and martyrdom they’ve faced at the hands of radical Islamic terrorists,” Moore wrote on his X account on Monday alongside the interview clip. “The strike on Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, ISIS Number 2 globally, sends a clear message: those who target innocent Christians will be hunted down and brought to justice. Do not test President Trump’s resolve,” he said. Moore said the administration’s engagement with Nigeria had intensified following Trump’s designation of the country as a nation of particular concern on October 31 last year. He added that Trump had personally directed him to investigate the situation. “President Trump tasked me personally to go investigate this issue of Christian persecution, Christian genocide in Nigeria, which is what I did. “I travelled to Nigeria with my colleagues from the Appropriations Committee and put together this report that we presented to the White House with a number of key recommendations on how we can try to protect those populations that are suffering at the hands of Islamic radical terrorists,” he said. He said the president remained personally engaged on the issue. • Ebola: Medical academy urges vigilance, stronger border surveillance • AFRICOM releases video of strikes that killed over 20 ISIS fighters in Nigeria • Niger completes transportation of 2,281 pilgrims to Saudi Arabia “This is something that the president is acutely focused on as he should be and so am I,” Moore said. “And I think many around the country are. “I just a couple hours ago walked out of church to be on television here with you and I heard from many people thank you for focusing on this issue. So I think it’s something that’s near and dear to a lot of people’s hearts,” he said. Moore also contextualised the US involvement in Nigeria, noting that it had roots dating back more than a decade. “We’ve been involved now for close to a year and this has been on and off though since prior to 2015. As you remember, the emergence of Boko Haram during that time period,” he said. The Defence Headquarters had confirmed that al-Minuki was killed in a “meticulously planned and highly coordinated” precision strike in the Lake Chad Basin. Its Director of Defence Information, Maj. Gen. Samaila Uba, described him as one of the world’s most operationally versatile terrorist commanders, saying he had overseen ISIS’s weapons manufacturing, drone development, and global media operations, while also providing strategic direction to ISIS affiliates outside Nigeria. Intelligence assessments indicated that as recently as February 2026, al-Minuki may have been elevated to Head of the ISIS General Directorate of States, the second most senior position in the group’s global hierarchy. He had been placed under US sanctions in 2023 for his ties to the Islamic State. Before pledging allegiance to ISIS in 2015, he was a prominent Boko Haram leader and was linked to the 2018 Dapchi kidnapping of over 100 schoolgirls.
US Lawmaker Riley Moore Warns Terrorists: Trump Won't Tolerate Attacks on Nigerian Christians
LIVE
naijapodnews@gmail.com
Play the News, Don't Read It
Tap to listen to this story
0:000:00
Share this story
Loading trending data...
Editor's Take

Dem warn terrorists for Nigeria say make dem no test Trump strength, dem go face consequences. Na because of how dem dey kill Christians for Nigeria, US don begin take action

Source: Punch NG

Gallery

Riley Moore, a Republican lawmaker, discussing the issue of Christian persecution in Nigeria

Comments

(0)

0/500 · No URLs or profanity allowed

Related Stories